2010年9月28日火曜日

Return of the pilgrim

I'm back on the road!
道に戻りました!

I took it easy for two weeks, but now I'm walking again. It's good to be back on the pilgrim path!
二週間休んだけど、また歩き始めました。お遍路道に戻って、とても爽快です!

I had tendonitis in my knee, but it's better now. From now on I'm going to walk at a slower pace and sometimes take the train and bus.
膝のじん帯が炎症していたけど、もう治りました。これからはもっと遅いペースで歩き、そして時々バスや電車も利用します。

I really appreciate all the emotional support people have been giving me. I want to say thanks, because I wouldn't be able to do it without you all!
いろんな人々からたくさん支えてもらって、ホンとにありがたいです。皆がいなかったらお遍路が出来ないき、ありがとう‼

Earlier this week I walked from my house in Yasu to Kochi city with a friend who came to visit from Tokyo. Here we are, Mr. M. and I, at number 30, Zenraku-
ji.
今週は東京から来てくれた友達と一緒に自分の家から高知市まで歩きました。僕とMさん、三十番善楽寺です:


We walked through field and forest, and played a little golf, too. Thanks for making it a great week, Danny!
野原と森を歩き、ゴルフも少ししました。楽しい一週間にしてくれてありがとう、マック!



I walked on to the next temple by myself. Up a hill...
次のお寺には一人で歩きました。山を上がって、



Through the fantastic Makino botanical garden...
素敵な牧野植物園を通って、



And there was Chikurinji, number 31.
そこに三十一番竹林寺がありました。


At night I partied with some friends. (There's no rule against pilgrims drinking, and if there were I would be guilty of breaking it every day.) Happy birthday, Saki-san!
夜は友達とワイワイ。お遍路さんがお酒を飲んじゃいけないという決まりがないし、もしあったとしても僕は毎日破っています。

サキちゃん、誕生日おめでとう!


Then today I drove back to Chikurinji and said goodbye to Danny.
そして今日竹林寺に戻ってMさんとお別れ。


It was a short walk to the Kagami river. I took a ferry across. It was a free ride!
鏡川まで一息でした。フェリーでただで渡りました!


I saw lots of flying fish.
飛魚をたくさん見ました。


I arrived at number 33, Sekkeiji, at just before 5.
五時ごろ33番雪渓寺に着きました。

The inn I'm staying at tonight is really fantastic. The inn keeper washed and folded my clothes for me and made me this delicious dinner.
こんばん泊まっている宿がとても素敵です。選択物までしてくれて、そして美味しい夕食を作ってくれました。鰹叩き(右)が美味しかったです。


Tomorrow I'll aim for number 36!
明日は36番を目指します!

1 件のコメント:

  1. Good to see you are back on the road! It was nice to speak with you guys last week!

    返信削除